- 3/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour three 6" X 1 1/2" round cake pans.
- Mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually add sugar.
- Beat on medium to high speed for about 3-4 minutes until well mixed
- Alternately combine in flour mixture and milk to batter while beating.
- Continue to beat until batter is smooth.
- Pour equal amounts of batter into greased and floured round cake pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick to se if it is done. Bake a few minutes more, if needed.
- Remove from oven and allow cakes to cool in pans for a few minutes.
- Place cakes on a wire rack, to them allow to completely cool.
- Place one round cake on a cake plate.
- Spread frosting on top.
- Repeat this for the third cake.
- Frost top of the third cake.
- Frost the side for the cake.