- Plain flour/Maida - 1 & 1/4 cup
- Condensed milk - 1 cup minus 2 tbsp
- Oil (I used sunflower oil) - 1/2 cup
- Orange juice - 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar - 3 tbsp
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Orange zest - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Honey – 1/4 cup
- Mixed fruit jam – 4 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Desiccated coconut – As needed
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg C. Mix flour,baking powder,baking soda with a whisk to ensure even mixing. In another bowl, mix condensed milk, orange juice, oil, sugar, vanilla essence, lemon juice.
- Add flour and mix well. Add orange zest (orange skin part, grated) and mix.
- Transfer to a baking tray ( I used 8 inch square tin) greased with oil and dusted with flour. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool down for 10 mins and invert over a wire rack to cool down completely. Trim the sides.
- Prick the cake with tooth pick at various places. Mean while prepare sugar syrup by boiling water and sugar just until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to lukewarm and mix honey.