- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar and baking soda. Make a well in the center and add the eggs, vanilla and crushed pineapple, with liquid from can. Mix well to blend.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- To make the frosting: in a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, confectioners sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Beat until creamy. Spread on warm cake.
- Decorate with cherries and pineapple pieces .