- Maida – 125 gms
- Butter – 125 gms
- Powdered Sugar – 125 gms
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 1/3 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/4 tsp
- Eggs – 2
- Salt – a small pinch
For the icing:
- Butter – 25 gms
- Icing Sugar – 25 gms
- Vanilla Essence – 1/8 tsp
1. Beat the butter and powdered sugar until frothy.
2. Sieve together the maida, salt, baking powder and baking powder in a bowl.
3. Break the eggs into the butter mixture and mix.
4. Add vanilla essence.
5. Gradually add the maida mixture and mix well.
6. Transfer to a greased and floured cake tin.
7. Smoothen the surface and place it into a preheated oven at 180C for 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Beat all icing ingredients and keep.
9. Once the cake is done, remove and cool slightly.
10. Add the icing into a piping bag and decorate as desired.