- 110g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 125g salted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 80g fine sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 60g walnut, processed in a food processor until fine
- 30g whole walnut, for topping
- Grease the baking pan with butter. Sift the flour and baking powder, set aside
- Cream butter, vanilla extract and sugar till fluffy and pale (take about 4 mins using electric hand mixer at speed 2). Add in the eggs one at a time, cream well until well combined before adding another one.
- Fold the flour, ground walnut and milk, and mix to combine well. Transfer the batter into the greased pan, shake gently to level off the batter. Sprinkle the whole walnuts on top.
- Bake at a pre-heated oven at 180C (350F) for about 30-35 mins or until a cake tester inserted into the walnut butter cake comes out clean.