- 2 cups - plain flour.
- 1.25 cups - ground sugar.
- 1 cup - Milk powder.
- 1.5 cups - milk.
- 3/4 tsp - baking powder.
- 1/2 tsp - baking soda.
- 100 gms - butter.
- 3 to 4 drops - vanilla essence.
- For Peach mixture:
- 2 - large peaches.
- 1/4 cup - sugar.
- 1 tbsp - Lemon juice.
- 1.5 cups - sweetened whipped cream.
- Whip the cream till stiff and put it in a large star-nozzled icing bag. Refrigerate it till required.
- For peach mixture:
- Peel and chop peaches.
- Add sugar, heat it on a slow flame, till the sugar melts.
- Add 50 ml. water, allow it to simmer for 2 mins.
- Add lemon juice, stir, take it off fire and cool.
- Strain, saving both peaches and liquid separately.
- Keep it aside till its required| For sponge:
- Melt butter in a deep bowl.
- Mix together, flour, sugar and milk powder in another bowl.
- Add some flour mixture and milk to butter, alternately.
- Mix while adding, till all the flour and milk gets consumed.
- Add essence, both soda and baking powder, beat it well till it becomes smooth and light.
- Pour it into small paper tart cases or muffin cups, till 2/3 of the cases are full.
- Bake in preheat oven at 160 degrees C for 20-25 minutes.
- Pierce and check to see that skewer comes out clean.
- Cool it completely.
- Scoop out a crater on top of each muffin.
- Sprinkle liberally with drained peach liquid.
- Place a spoonful of peaches in crater.
- Pipe out a swirl of whipped cream over peach muffin.
- Serve individually.