- Whole Wheat flour - 1 cup
- Powdered Oats - 1/2 cup
- Cocoa Powder - 2 tbsp
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Baking soda - 1 tsp
- Powdered Sugar - 1 cup + 1 tbsp
- Oil - 1/2 cup any flavorless oil
- Milk - 1 cup
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Chocolate sauce as needed
- Sprinkles as needed
- Oil - 1 tsp for greasing cake tin
- Wheat flour - 1 tsp for dusting
- 7 1/2 inch Round cake tin
- Pre-heat oven for 10 minutes at 180 degree C.
- Grease the baking tin with a tsp of oil, dust wheat flour all over and tap the cake tin so that it is evenly dusted with flour. Keep it aside.
In a bowl, add whole wheat flour and powdered oats.
Add baking soda and baking powder.
Add cocoa powder and sieve everything together.
Our sieved cake flour is kept ready (ie) Our dry ingredients except sugar.
In a bowl, mix oil and powdered sugar without lumps.
Add vanilla essence and milk (milk should be lukewarm) to the sugar + oil mixture.
Beat well until it is slightly foamy as seen in the picture below.
Add the dry ingredients kept aside, little at a time to the mixture and mix well without lumps.
Now our cake batter and the greased cake pan are kept ready.
Transfer the batter to the baking tin. I used a 7 1/2 inch round baking tin. You can use any baking tin but make sure that you leave enough space for the cake to raise. Do not fill the batter up to the brim.
Bake the cake in a pre-heated oven for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Once the cake cools a little, invert it on a wire rack, then transfer to a plate.
Spread chocolate sauce evenly on top (I used ready made Hershey's chocolate sauce) and decorate it with sprinkles. Enjoy it as a snack or dessert.
You can make your own chocolate sauce. Check my eggless whole wheat ragi cake for the recipe.
You can also top the cake with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!!